GENERAL INFORMATION: KIDS CAMPS
Your child is about to embark on an exciting hands-on exploration art and craft. Our art camp will emphasize self-expression and allow young artists to discover, play and learn. Campers create amazing art projects with our instructors, focusing on both contemporary and traditional art making practices, while using a wide variety of materials and techniques.
Instructors are chosen for their expertise, dedication, and enthusiasm with children. Your child will be assigned to a group of no more than nine (9) peers.
- Enter at the front of the school (938 2nd Avenue East) and you will be directed to your classroom. Please make sure you have completed and consent and waiver form. If you do not have your waiver completed, we will have printed copies for you.
- Children should be dropped off 10 minutes before the start of their session and picked up no more than 15 minutes after the end of their session. If you need your child to stay past 4:15 pm, there will be a $10 charge per student.
- If you child is ill during camp, arriving late, or will not be attending for any other reason, please call the GB Arts at 519-371-2200 as soon as possible.
- Please do not misrepresent your child’s age. Classes are geared towards the hand-eye coordination and strength of a student within the stated age group.
- If your child has any serious medical conditions, behavioural concerns or is attending camp with an aide, please inform camp director (Beth Hobe) prior to camp. If you child has an aide at school, it is expected the same accommodation should be prepared for GB Arts. Family members are not an accepted support.
- If your child has an Epi-Pen, an Epi-Pen Authorization Form must be completed. Instructors will not administer prescriptions or over the counter medication.
- There will be a 15-minute snack break mid-morning and mid-afternoon and a lunch hour for those staying for the full day. For the safety of all campers, please only send nut-free snacks.
- Please send your child in clothes that can get dirty.
- Please send your child in closed-toed shoes, no flip flops, or crocs please!
- Please send hair ties for those with long hair.
CODE OF CONDUCT
All students, instructors, staff, and volunteers have the right to a positive and safe art experience. GB Arts follows these 3 core values:
Respect yourself – being creative is important in fostering of self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-respect. It is important to stay safe and healthy following the instructions and safety protocols given by the instructors.
Respect others – treat others like you would like to be treated, including fellow students and their families or support, instructors, staff, and volunteers. Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are shown through a positive display of respect around speech, action, and behaviour. Verbal or physical abuse, violence, harassment, racism, intimidation and discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated.
Respect the environment – our studios, equipment, materials, and building hold exciting and valuable equipment that are available to our whole community and need to be treated with the respect, care and safety by always following directions given by the instructor.
GB Arts is committed to creating a safe, inclusive and fun learning environment where students of all genders, ethnicities, abilities and skill levels can explore their creativity in the arts. We strive for a respectful atmosphere that is inclusive, and physically and emotionally safe. The instructors will evaluate any behaviour deemed inappropriate according to our core values will resolve the issues in the following manner:
Minor Incidents will be addressed at the time by the instructor.
Moderate Incidents (such as disruptive behaviour, refusal to participate, not following safety protocols) The student may be removed from the group to discuss the incident with a senior staff and the parent/guardian will be informed.
Major Incidents (such as dangerous or inappropriate behaviour, deliberate and constant disruption, verbal or physical abuse) Severe behaviours that endanger or are purposefully harmful may result contacting the parent/guardian for immediate dismissal. No refunds or credits will be issued for anyone sent home for violating the Code of Conduct.
A FULL REFUND WILL BE PROVIDED IF:
- The class is cancelled due to low enrolment
- A student withdraws more than 5 days before the start of their scheduled class (subject to a 15% administration fee)
- If there are road closures or severe inclement weather (class will be cancelled and makeup dates will be scheduled). Winter classes will typically go on as scheduled despite the presence of snow
NO REFUND WILL BE PROVIDED IF:
- A student withdraws less than 5 days before the start of their scheduled class
- No exceptions for illness, including COVID-19
- No price adjustments, makeup classes, or credits will be provided for missed sessions.